Friday, August 24, 2012

Welcome to Mrs. Campbell's Classroom!


Come on in and look around! My desks are set up so I can pull a chair up to any group and conference with writing. I also have a meeting table set up in the front of the class.  When the kids need to work as a group, they simply turn the desks around.

On the front of my lockers are slash pockets.  The marker on the front of the pocket goes in our daily graph. It is easy for me to take attendance then.  I place all papers in the pockets.  My fourth graders take the papers out at the end of the day and put them in their take home folders.  I can quickly check to see who has not followed directions.
 
 My writers are all about adding bling to their compositions.  The little mirrored pieces are metal disks that roofers nail into.  I don't know what they are called, but when you buy a box it lasts for years!  I have used this box for ten years.  I use it on the back of everything I want to stick to my magnets.


You can see my window seat.  My pillows aren't ready yet.  The wall was inspired from pintrest, but I couldn't paint my back wall so I used felt and connected the wall with command product velcro strips. It has been hanging well.  The stars are just sticking to the other felt.  I am going to post my anchor charts on the red stripes.

The front of my cubbies were two posts ago. 

I don't use my file cabinet, so it is turned to make a huge Boggle board.


Here is a slightly blurry picture of my desk area. You can see my red desk. It is really fancy on top.  I have my pintrest file folder.


This is my center area, critical thinking board and daily graph area.

If you know me, you know I love books.  I use them all at some point of the year!

 
This is my happy spot during the year.  I'm hoping the kids will really like it.

No comments: